Position: Microscope Sales Specialist
McBain Systems has an exciting opening in the field of microscopy sales, focused on clinical and educational microscopes, digital cameras and optical XYZ inspection systems. Call on universities, hospitals, laboratories, junior colleges and high-tech firms along with museums, crime labs, aerospace, medical device manufacturers, defense contractors and manufacturers.
The purpose of the Microscopy Sales Specialist is to promote sales and service of clinical and educational microscopes, digital cameras and McBain’s engineered XYZ Scopes to clinical, hospital, educational, industrial and manufacturing customers in Los Angeles and Ventura Counties.
Primary functions include demonstrating, quoting and selling the latest clinical and educational microscopes to Pathologists, Lab Managers, Professors, Scientists, Engineers and MD’s/PhD’s. Areas of application to include biology, medicine, clinical laboratory, forensics, educational, scientific institutions, aerospace, semiconductors, microelectronics, materials research, MEMS, QA/QC, R&D, medical device manufacturing, assembly, testing, and measurement. A secondary responsibility is to maintain, build and manage sales on the company’s eBay store.
- Minimum 2 years business to business sales experience of capital equipment with a track record of achieving goals
- Experience with scientific equipment, product demonstrations, eBay sales, online marketing & sales
- Technical orientation and strong mechanical aptitude
- Computer literate, Microsoft Windows, able to load and set up applications
- Good customer relations and communication skills
- Self-motivated and organized
- Valid driver’s license, excellent drivers record
HELPFUL BUT NOT NECESSARY
- Basic knowledge of histology laboratory equipment and microscopes
- Basic understanding of Histology / Microscopy
- College degree in business, engineering or scientific discipline and/or practical experience
- Competitive, depending on skills, experience and education
- Salary and commission package
- Company benefits include health care, dental, vision and 401K
Qualified applicants should submit their resume and cover letter
No follow-up emails or calls, please.
We will contact you within two weeks of submission if there are
openings that match your qualifications. Thank you.