Updated October 14, 2020
- this McBain Systems website and any other McBain Systems websites including any of its microsites or subsites (collectively, “McBain Systems Owned Websites”). McBain Systems Owned Websites are the property of McBain Systems, its affiliates and/or its licensors;
- Other electronic, in-person, hard copy written or other means by which you may provide us with information, such as by requesting a quote for or other information about our products, purchasing products from McBain Systems, by participating in McBain Systems-related promotions, by redeeming a McBain Systems-related offer, by registering, attending and/or communicating with McBain Systems at trade shows, meetings, conferences or events, by applying for positions of employment, by presenting products for service, or purchasing McBain’s products.
1. Commitment to Privacy
McBain Systems recognizes that the protection of information that it receives from you is very important. Collecting information allows McBain Systems to better understand and to be more responsive to you, as well as to develop and maintain websites relevant to your needs, and assists us in managing our business better. To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
2. Notice to california residents
3. Information We Collect
We collect both Non-Personally Identifiable Information, including but not limited to Cookies, as defined below, and Personally Identifiable Information, each defined below, that you provide to us through the Communication Points.
“Non-Personally Identifiable Information” is information that cannot be used to identify you or to contact you and is information not associated with a specific personal identity. Non-Personally Identifiable Information may include information that you, at your option, voluntarily provide us through any of the other Communication Points such as for example, information such as your hobbies and interests, gender, age, level of education, photographic skill level, research areas of interest, as well as your purchases of and your experience with our products.
Cookies. Certain cookies are necessary for basic site functionalities and are therefore set when you visit our websites. These cookies remember your preferences as you use our websites. They are also used to distribute the load on our servers, which keeps the site available, and for security purposes. These cookies are always active and cannot be disabled.
Additional cookies collect statistics from the users of our websites with analytic cookies. These cookies are used to collect information about the way in which visitors use our websites, including information about the pages most visited and the number of error messages displayed. These cookies help McBain Systems to improve its websites. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know how you have visited our website to help us monitor its performance.
“Personally Identifiable Information” is information collected from the Communication Points that is associated with a person’s name or personal identity and can be used to identify or contact you. It includes but is not limited to such information as your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number (mobile and/or landline), fax number, and credit/debit card information. We do not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from individuals under the age of sixteen.
4. How We Use Information We Collect
McBain Systems uses collected information to provide you with information you requested or the goods, services, that you request, and to help us better understand customer interests so that we may more closely meet your needs.
For example, we may use Personally Identifiable Information to help you complete a transaction or order with us, to respond to your inquiries and requests, to provide and update you on our customer services and support, to notify you of promotional or special offers, to communicate with you about our products and services, to allow you to participate in an interactive feature, to invite you to participate in surveys about our products and/or services, to send you information about McBain Systems products, services, promotions, events, firmware or software updates, and service advisories, to suggest how to more effectively use your McBain Systems products and photography, to post reviews or comments that you have submitted to McBain Systems, and/or to help us determine other McBain Systems products, services or information that may be of interest to you (see Section 12 below, “Your Privacy Preferences Regarding Personally Identifiable Information-Opting In/Out” regarding communications to you). Personally Identifiable Information in the form of credit/debit card information is used only for payment processing and fraud prevention.
5. Who We Share Information With
6. Links to Non-McBain Systems Owned Sites
Some McBain Systems Owned Websites include, display and/or host social media buttons, links and other features (collectively, “Social Media Buttons”) that allow you to share your online activities (including but not limited to on McBain Systems Owned Websites) on third party social media networks such as, for example, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and others (each, a “Social Media Platform”). If you are logged into one of your Social Media Platform accounts when you visit a McBain Systems Owned Website, the Social Media Platform may receive information about your visit to the McBain Systems Owned Website. Your use of Social Media Platforms and your interactions with the Social Media Buttons from a McBain Systems Owned Website are subject to and governed by the individual privacy policies of each respective Social Media Platform.
7. Online Behavioral Advertising
McBain Systems may participate in targeted advertising, whereby you may receive advertisements that may be of interest to you on McBain Systems Owned Websites and/or Non-McBain Systems Owned Websites from McBain Systems, third party advertisers or advertising networks. These advertisements are selected based on an assessment of your on-line browsing behavior, search activities and/or demographic information. We do not share Personally Identifiable Information for this purpose.
If you receive a behaviorally targeted advertisement as stated above, you may click on the icon displayed on the advertisement to receive more information, including instructions for opting out from receiving further advertisements from that particular advertising network. Your opt-out choices may depend on your specific device or browser settings and some websites or browsers may have different features regarding your ability to choose which ads to display or opt out from receiving. Please refer to the applicable website that you are visiting for additional information.
8. Do Not Track Settings
If you do not wish to be tracked, you may set your browser setting to private or, certain web browsers may have a “do not track” option that allows you to opt out of having your on-line activities tracked.
9. Commitment To Information Security
Information security is important at McBain Systems, and while no security measure is perfect or impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of the information that you provide to us, you can be assured that we maintain physical, electronic and administrative measures and safeguards and periodically review these security measures and safeguards to protect your Personally Identifiable Information from unauthorized or inappropriate access and use.
10. Our Commitment To Children’s Privacy
Our Communication Points are not intended for or directed at individuals under the age of sixteen, and we do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from or about individuals under the age of sixteen. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from an individual under the age of 16 without parental consent and verification, we will delete that information. Should any parent or guardian discover that his/her child has provided personal information to McBain Systems, please contact McBain to have such information deleted from our records. If you are a California consumer, please see information concerning personal information of individuals under the age of sixteen.
11. How To Access, Edit, Delete or Update Your Information
You can access, edit, delete and update any Personally Identifiable Information that you provided to us by contacting us by email [email protected] If you are a California consumer, to exercise your rights under this Section 11, please follow the instructions set forth below. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to edit or update your Personally Identifiable Information.
12. Your Privacy Preferences -Opting In/Out
You can opt out of receiving promotional communications from McBain Systems by notifying us that you do not wish to receive such information by contacting us.
Please note that if you have opted out of receiving promotional communications from us, McBain Systems may still send you non-promotional communications (such as, for example, information about your accounts or purchases).
For Nevada residents, McBain Systems does not currently sell personal information as defined under Nevada law. However, Nevada law gives Nevada consumers the right to request that a company not sell their personal information, even if their information isn’t currently being sold. If you are a Nevada consumer and wish to exercise this right, please submit your request by contacting us.
14. How To Contact Us
Updated: October 14, 2020
California Personal Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (“California Personal Information”).
We obtain California Personal Information from a variety of source including:
- You: with respect to both online and offline interactions you may have with us or our service providers;
- other entities with whom you transact or with whom you maintain relationships who may deal with us on your behalf;
- the devices you use to access our websites, mobile applications, and online services;
- identity verification and fraud prevention services;
- marketing and analytics providers; public databases; social media platforms; and
Please note California Personal Information does not include publicly available information from government records, de-identified or aggregate consumer information, and personal information protected by certain other sector-specific federal or California statutes.
Our Use of California Personal Information
These business purposes include:
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Audits and reporting relating to particular transactions and interactions, including online interactions, you may have with us or others on our behalf;
- Detecting and protecting against security incidents, and malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting the same;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors in our systems;
- Short-term, transient use including contextual customization of ads;
- Providing services on our behalf or on behalf of another, including creating, maintaining or servicing accounts; providing customer service and support; fulfilling transactions; verifying identity information; processing payments; and other services;
- Conducting internal research to develop and demonstrate technology;
- Conducting activity to verify, enhance, and maintain the quality or safety of services or devices which we may own, control, or provide;
- To personalize your experience with us;
- To better understand the needs and interests of consumers so we may more closely meet your needs and interests;
- To respond to your questions and requests;
- To notify you of special offers concerning our products and/or services;
- To allow you to post reviews or comments about our products and/or services;
- As part of our recruitment and employment activities including conducting interviews and background checks;
- To invite you to participate in surveys about our products and/or services; and
Sharing of California Personal Information
A. Disclosure of California Personal Information for Business Purposes
B. Sale of California Personal Information
Within the last 12 months we have not sold, within the meaning of the CCPA, any California Personal Information identified above, except (1) to the extent that you have provided us with your California Personal Information together with your express request that we share it with a specific third party company for the sole purpose of that company contacting you about their products and/or services, and/or (2) to certain data analytics providers. We do not disclose California Personal Information of individuals we know to be under the age of 16 to third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration as a “sale” under the CCPA without affirmative authorization. If you are an individual under the age of 16, please do not submit any California Personal Information to us unless we have received the affirmative authorization described in the “Right to Opt Out and Right to Opt In” Section F below in this California Specific Addendum.
California Rights and Choices
You have certain rights related to your California Personal Information. You may exercise these rights free of charge except as otherwise provided by applicable law. We endeavor to respond to your request promptly upon verification and as required by applicable law.
A. Right to Know/Portability. You have the right to request that we disclose to you:
- the categories of California Personal Information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which the California Personal Information is collected;
- our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling California Personal Information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we share California Personal Information; and
- the specific pieces of information we have collected about you. To protect your privacy and security, we may redact this information to the extent it is sensitive personal information.
To the extent that we sell your California Personal Information within the meaning of the CCPA or disclose such information for a business purpose, you may request that we disclose to you:
- the categories of California Personal Information that we have collected about you;
- the categories of California Personal Information about you that we have sold within the meaning of the CCPA and the categories of third parties to whom the California Personal Information was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to whom the California personal information was sold; and
- the categories of California Personal Information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose.
B. Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete California Personal Information about you which we have collected from you. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- comply with a legal obligation.
- make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
C. How to Submit a Request. You may request to exercise these rights by:
By mailing us:
McBain Systems, 756 Lakefield Road Suite G/H
Westlake Village, CA 91361
Attention: Legal Department
By calling us: tel: (805) 581-6800
D. Verifiable Request. As required under applicable law, we take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to information or acting on your request to exercise your rights. We may require you to provide information sufficient to allow us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information and to describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. For example, we may request that you provide us with at least two data points that match those that we maintain about you; or, for highly sensitive information, we may require that we match three pieces of personal information you provide to us with personal information we maintain about you, together with obtaining a signed declaration from you confirming that you are the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request. Requests for deletion of sensitive data may require more stringent verification and that you reconfirm your identity before deletion. We may deny a request or limit our response to your exercise of the above rights as permitted under applicable law.
E. Agent Authorization and Disability Access
You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. You may make such a designation by providing the agent with written permission to act on your behalf. As permitted by law, we may require additional verification in response to a request even if you choose to use an agent. Unless the agent provides us with a valid Power of Attorney, we may require a consumer to verify their identity with us separately. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
F. Right to Opt Out and Right to Opt In (Do Not Sell My Personal Information). If you are 16 years of age or older, you have the right to direct us to not sell your California Personal Information at any time (the “right to opt out”) and this election shall be effective for a period of twelve (12) months . We do not sell the California Personal Information of consumers we actually know are less than 16 years of age, unless we receive affirmative authorization (the “right to opt in”) from either the consumer who is between 13 and 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a consumer less than 13 years of age. Consumers who opt-in to California Personal Information sales may opt-out of future sales at any time.
Nondiscrimination and Financial Incentives
We will not discriminate against you because of your exercise of any of the above rights, or any other rights under the CCPA.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time. We currently do not provide any financial incentive programs.
Other California Privacy Rights
- California Do Not Track Disclosure. Our websites, apps and other online services are not designed to respond to “Do Not Track” requests from websites browsers.
- Other California Privacy Rights. Under California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83), if you are a California resident, you may, one time per calendar year, request a notice regarding the categories of personally identifiable information disclosed by McBain Systems (if any) during the immediately preceding 12-month period to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, and the name and address of any such third parties.
- CHANGES TO THIS CALIFORNIA-SPECIFIC ADDENDUM
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO AMEND THIS CALIFORNIA-SPECIFIC ADDENDUM AT OUR DISCRETION AND AT ANY TIME. WHEN WE MAKE CHANGES TO THIS CALIFORNIA-SPECIFIC ADDENDUM, WE WILL POST THE UPDATED NOTICE ON THE APPLICABLE MCBAIN SYSTEMS-OWNED WEBSITE AND UPDATE THE NOTICE’S EFFECTIVE DATE. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF OUR MCBAIN SYSTEMS-OWNED WEBSITE FOLLOWING THE POSTING OF CHANGES CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF SUCH CHANGES.
You may contact us with questions or concerns about our privacy policies or practices and your choices and rights under California law by contacting us in writing at McBain Systems, 756 Lakefield Road Suite G/H
Westlake Village, CA 91361
Attention: Legal Department